LOS ANGELES (January 30, 2006) – Surrounded by Organizing Industry experts, innovators, authors, corporations and media at the National Association of Professional Organizers, Los Angeles Chapter 2006 Los Angeles Organizers Awards ceremony, President Chris McKenry honored John Trosko with the Raising the Bar Award for his leadership and going beyond the call of duty in his role as Event Chair as well as his direction as Director of Professional Development for the Chapter.
“John Trosko's dedication to increasing our professionalism, particularly through communication and leadership, is endless," said President McKenry. "On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am proud to present John with the Raising the Bar Award on behalf of NAPO Los Angeles." The Raising the Bar Award is a brand new award to honor a member who has gone above and beyond the call of duty for the Los Angeles Chapter. This year, the Board of Directors has chosen one of their own, Trosko.
Trosko was recognized, in part, for his leadership of the October 2005 Professional Resources and Networking Expo, sourcing intelligent, articulate and professional speakers for chapter meetings and serving as a role model to both veteran and incoming professional organizers. Trosko's two-year old company, OrganizingLA serves both residential and business clients in Southern California. His organizing expertise has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Times Orange County-edition, Frontier's Newsmagazine, KABC-7, Yahoo! Finance and National Public Radio. Trosko's "OrganizingLA Blog" serves up hip inspiration for tackling organizational challenges.
The list of winners at the January 30, 2006 Awards includes:
Best Organizing Product Resource
- The Container Store, The Original Storage and Organization Store, Coppell, TX
Best Organizing Book
- Organizing From the Inside Out, by Julie Morgenstern
Most Supportive Media Outlet
- KABC-TV Channel 7, The Walt Disney Company, Los Angeles, CA
Best National Organizing Show
- Mission Organization, Nancy Glass Productions and HGTV, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Most Helpful Organizing Technology
- Palm Personal Productivity Assistants, Palm Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Most Organizer-Friendly Charity
- National Council of Jewish Women, Los Angeles Section
Best Office Organizing Product
- Hanging File Folders by Pendaflex, Esselte Corporation, Melville, NY
Best Residential Organizing Product
- Clear Storage Boxes by Sterilite Corporation, Townsend, MA
Best Organizer as Coach or Mentor
- Jean Furuya of The Office Jeanie, Torrance, CA
Most Innovative Organizer
- Dorothy Breininger of Center for Organization & Goal Planning, Canoga Park, CA
Most Valuable Educational Resource
- NAPO National Conference, Produced by The National Association of Professional Organizers, home office Chicago, Illinois
Volunteer of the Year
- Deborah Kawashima, The Creative Organizer, Los Angeles, CA
Raising the Bar Award
- John Trosko, OrganizingLA, Los Angeles, CA
Leading Edge Award
- Jodi McDaniel, Organizing and More, Manhattan Beach, CA
The ceremony took place at Maggiano's Bellagio Room, located at the Grove in Los Angeles, and included a multi-media presentation produced by President McKenry and Kristine Oller. Master of Ceremonies was Dave Linden. Guests included Julie Morgenstern, Dorothy Breininger, Sheila McCurdy, NAPO Founders Ann Gambrell and Beverly Clower, former Chapter Presidents Robin Davi, Dolores Kaytes, Donna McMillan, Tanja Whitford and Past-NAPO National President Tom Nevermann.
Representatives from the Container Store (Pasadena, CA and San Diego locations), Sterilite, Esselte, OrganizeEverything.com, Palm Inc., KABC-7, National Council of Jewish Women Los Angeles, GaragePros.com, 1-800-GOT-JUNK joined the Awards as attendees or to accept awards on behalf of their organizations.
Trosko is the first recipient of the Raising the Bar Award.
About NAPO Los Angeles
The National Association of Professional Organizers is a professional membership organization dedicated to the professional organizing industry. NAPO’s 1985 inception began in Los Angeles and chapter membership includes over 100 organizing consultants, speakers, authors and manufacturers of organizing products, who members serve both residential and commercial clients. Services range from home and business organizing, information and time management, to coaching and training.